Thursday, October 16, 2014

Thing 12

Everyone knows what Google is but I did not know that Google had so many things that it can do. The first link I explored was the Google books. I love to read and so this was obviously one of my choices. All you have to do is type in a title or author of a book and it pops up with a description and how you can get the book either by eBook, sending it through the mail or finding it at a library. This can be used for education purposes because a student can look up a book that they need or at least find some information about the book. This can also be helpful for college students when they are buying their books for school.

The other link that I looked at for Google was the Google translator. All you have to do is type in anything in the box, then you can translate it to any kind of language. The example I used was English to French. This is good for students because if they are in a foreign language class, then this can help them with translating. It could also help students who are ELL because they can translate phrases into their native language to understand better.

https://translate.google.com/#en/fr/Hello%2C%20my%20name%20is%20Heather%20and%20I%20go%20to%20Austin%20Peay%20State%20University.

No comments:

Post a Comment